Newton Cottages, Northumberland: Self-Catering Holiday Cottage Information
Here are our booking conditions, together with other information to assist you in planning your holiday in your 5 Star self-catering holiday cottage at Newton by the Sea.
COVID 19 Terms and Conditions
If you make a booking and it is subsequently frustrated because of Government restrictions, we will give you a full credit for a booking at another time or a full refund.
This covers only a full National Lockdown situation, and / or the address on the booking form or ourselves being placed into a tier by Government which has a 'Do Not Travel' restriction placed on it.
The refund guarantee does NOT cover guests for falling ill with Covid (or any other illness), for a requirement to self-isolate or quarantine, or for a Track and Trace alert preventing them from travelling. Those situations can all be covered by taking out suitable travel insurance.
There are several suitable options which include cover for COVID-related cancellation (see below), or you can look for suitable cover on comparison sites such as GoCompare. We are not selling, promoting, endorsing or recommending any particular product, and do not benefit financially from, or have any formal relationship, with any of these providers. Trailfinders and PJ Hayman are two companies among many who offer this cover.
Terms & Conditions
Here are our booking conditions, together with other information to assist you in planning your holiday in your 5 Star self catering holiday cottage at Newton by the sea.
Please contact us if you have a question or wish to make a booking at your luxury Northumberland Cottage.
When you complete a booking form and press send, the availability will be updated and the property will be held for you.
There is 30% payable online on booking.
The contract will be formed once the deposit has either been paid and the credit / debit card payment has been confirmed..
At this stage, you will be sent a formal confirmation of the dates booked, the deposit paid and the balance owing.
The deposit should not be confused with the auto-reply you will receive on sending the booking form, which does not constitute acceptance of the booking by Stephen Sharp, Newton Cottages.
Once the formal confirmation has been sent, a binding contract exists between the guest and Stephen or Gary Sharp and Newton Cottages.
Only the Guests listed on the Booking Form can stay in the cottage. No other Guests are permitted to stay at any time, nor do we allow camping in the garden, camper vans etc.
The balance will then be due even if the guest does not come on holiday for whatever reason.
Guests are advised to take out Cancellation Insurance to cover any ill health which may prevent them from taking up their holiday. PJ Hayman and Trailfinders are two companies amongst others who offer this sort of cover.
If you have to cancel the holiday we will endeavour to re-let it on your behalf. Should we be successful we will refund monies paid minus a £100 administration fee.
- Weekly bookings run from Friday to Friday from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival until 10.00 am on the day of departure.
- Short breaks are usually available from November until Easter, excluding Christmas, New Year and the February half term. These are either three night weekend breaks from Friday to Monday or four night midweek breaks from Monday to Friday. Midweek short breaks in low season are priced the same as or less than weekend breaks and offer excellent value.
- All prices are in Pounds GB and are fully inclusive of electricity, full central heating, logs, bed linen and towels. We provide one bath sheet and one hand towel per person. Please bring your own beach towels.
- It is the clients responsibility to get to the cottage. We will be open and your cottage will be ready for you with access available from the highway.
- The Contract is for the Rent of the cottage for the contract period. It is not contingent on any other factors beyond our control.
- A highchair and travel cot are available at no extra charge, but please bring your own cot linen.
- Please contact us before booking to discuss your requirements if one or more members of your party have a disability. Newton Cottages are not suitable for guests who cannot climb stairs.
- Bookings will not be accepted from groups of single people under the age of 21 years.
- For the comfort of all of our guests, the cottages and gardens are strictly non smoking.
- Pets are not permitted. Please note should you turn up with a dog I reserve the right to charge you £100 per night whilst the dog is there, and also if I find you have a dog I have the right to make you vacate the property immediately. As you have broken the terms of the contract you accept on booking, you will not be eligible for any refund for the nights of holiday you have missed.
- It is the guests' responsibility to take good care of the property and to leave it in the same clean and tidy condition as they found it.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury, sickness or inconvenience to any member of your party, or any vehicles or possessions belonging to any of them, howsoever caused, nor shall we be liable for any additional expenses incurred by you whether directly or indirectly caused by or arising from any aspect of your booking with is. Under no circumstances shall our liability to you exceed the amount paid by you to us.
We will endeavour to ensure that the content of this website is always accurate, honest, and up-to-date. However, all content, including prices, is subject to change without notice.
All personal information collected through the forms in this website will be used only for the purpose intended, eg to answer an enquiry or to process a holiday booking. Personal information will not be retained for longer than is necessary to satisfy the enquiry or booking made.
In the case of our mailing list, we will retain the information supplied by you for the purpose of operating our mailing list. Your information will not be shared with any other third parties. We will remove your details from our mailing list on request.
Links to external websites are provided as a service to our users, eg where they contain information that may be of either general or specific interest to persons planning a self catering cottage holiday. However, we are not responsible for the content, views, or accuracy of information on external websites.
You accept that data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
When making a booking with us, you agree to comply with the above terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute, the laws of England and Wales shall apply and the English courts shall have jurisdiction.
- Booking Conditions
- Boatman's Cottage
- Newton Cottages Video
- Low Newton by the Sea
- Newton Haven ... Bliss On Your Doorstep
- Helpful Pre-Holiday Information
- What will I find in my cottage at Newton?
- Special Couples Price
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Pubs and Restaurants
- Welcome Pack
- Catering Services
- Trike Tours of Northumberland
- Rothbury Wines
- Horse Riding at Kimmerston
- Cycle Hire on the Northumberland Coastline
- The Ship Inn, Newton by the Sea
- If we are full try this...
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Access Statement